Saturday 2 April 2011

What comes next

Hello world. I’m looking forward to meeting you on my own terms. Discovering what I love about you, what I hate, what surprises or frightens me, what comforts and soothes.

I’m  in my mid-twenties. I’ve spent the majority of my young life in a series of long term relationships, the most recent of which ended two weeks ago yesterday. And the irony of it all is that I feel like I’m done. So much time and energy dedicated to my other halves, that I turned into a girl that doesn’t feel whole on her own. I don’t know how to be  me without the attachment of my love’s name to mine. It’s always been me and him. The him changed once or twice, but the need for attachment didn’t.

So this is where I find myself. Excited to see the world with eyes unbiased by another's opinion of it all. But terrified all the while. Learning not to be afraid of tomorrow, or even the next hour. Rather, seeking to embrace the beauty of the world. Hopefully it hugs me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment